In order to log in with a wargaming account you must do the following;
- Make sure the game is closed before changing client files.
- Go to the WoWS install directory, by default a Steam WoWS install would be found here;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Warships\
- From there, go to the bin folder, then the folder with the highest number (which is the folder for the latest update) and inside that go to the bin64 folder
- Here you should find a file called steam_api64.dll, you should rename this file (rename instead of deleting so that it still doesn’t work but if you have any problems you can simply change its name back).
- Now you can launch WoWS and log in with your Wargaming credentials.
- Important: You wont be able to use any Steam DLC you buy for WoWS or earn Steam achievements unless you are using your Steam credentials when you play, even if you are using the Steam client.
- You will need to repeat this every time WoWS has an update.